Friday, May 1, 2015

Lack of Faith


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/050115.cfm) reminds me how important faith is.

In the gospels, a lot of times we see Jesus telling people that their faith has saved or cured them. Today, we see the opposite. He was not able to do a lot of miracles in his hometown because of their lack of faith.

Jesus went to his hometown, but instead of being proud that Jesus was from there, the people belittled him and took offense at him. They did not believe that someone from their own could really be God’s Child. He was a normal person, just like them. Pare pareho lang sila na taga doon, na doon lumaki. This lack of belief, this lack of faith, was the reason why Jesus did not do a lot of miracles. Yes, Jesus needs our faith. His love and power does not change depending on our faith, but we affect it. We affect his love and power over us.

Our hardened hearts and our lack of faith limits God’s power over us.
God can only enter our lives if we allow him. God can only fill our hearts if we have space for him. God’s love and power is overflowing, but we cannot accept it if our hearts are closed and our lives are full of ourselves.

We are asked to look at ourselves and see what our heart says. Do we allow God to enter our lives? Do we have space for God? Is our faith strong, or are we like the people who do not trust in God? Do we humble ourselves and allow him to be God in our lives, or do we want him to conform to what we want?

May we be inspired and challenged by this.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. thank you for another weekend coming.  Thank you for the gift of faith. Lord, sorry for the times I doubt and let the world take away my faith. I ask that you help me strengthen my faith. I know faith is such a powerful and important aspect of my life, and I ask that you help me develop it. Kahit maliit, kahit mala mustard seed, I know it is enough, that it is a good start. I am making space in my life and in my heart for you, Lord. Come into my life and fill me, so I can share you to others as well. Amen

Blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...