Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Sent


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/051017.cfm) reminds me how important and powerful being sent by God is. 

Ambassadors are very important diplomats. They act in behalf of their president. they represent their country. In the same way, when we do God’s work, in essence we are being ambassadors for Christ. We are acting for God. We are representing God. That is why it is a very important role. This is why it is a powerful role. The prophet Isaiah knows this, and we can see his willingness and readiness to serve God. In Isaiah 6:8, when God asked whom he shall send, Isaiah readily volunteered himself  - Here I am! Send me!

God needs human ambassadors to do his work.

In the gospel, Jesus said that whoever believes him believes the one who sent him - God. He also said that whoever sees him sees the one who sent him – God the Father. In the first reading, we see how Barnabas and Saul actively worked as Jesus’ ambassador when they proclaimed the good news of salvation to different places. They are willing to go wherever God wants them to. God needs human beings to spread his love and proclaim his kingdom to others. Actually, this is for us humans – that we may feel God’s love become alive through others.

We are all called to be ambassadors for Christ. In our simple ways, in the way we live and treat others, we become his ambassadors. We need not explicitly preach the gospel and tell the people about God. Sometimes, or a lot of times, a more powerful testimony is how we live our lives. As St Francis of Assissi once said, “Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words.” 

Sharing a quote from Corey Brooker. May it inspire and challenge us:

Don't speak to me about your religion;
first show it to me in how you treat other people. 

Don't tell me how much you love your God;
show me in how much you love all God's children. 

Don't preach to me your passion for your faith;
teach me through your compassion for your neighbors. 

In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have  to tell or sell
as I am in how you choose to live and give

May we be willing ambassadors of God and allow Him to send us. 


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. thank you for another chance to experience your love. Thank you for another chance to share your love. Lord, thank you for the reminder. Thank you for telling me that you need me to be an ambassador for you. Lord, sorry for the times I am not willing. Sorry for the times I do not step out of my comfort zone for you. help me live up to it, Lord. I will do my best to live a good life for you. I will do my best to live right, so people can see how great and loving the God I am serving is. Magnify my actions so that It may glorify you. Send me and use my as you please. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10, 2017
Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Easter
Lectionary: 281



Reading 1ACTS 12:24—13:5A


The word of God continued to spread and grow. 

After Barnabas and Saul completed their relief mission,
they returned to Jerusalem,
taking with them John, who is called Mark. 

Now there were in the Church at Antioch prophets and teachers:
Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene,
Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. 
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,
"Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul
for the work to which I have called them." 
Then, completing their fasting and prayer,
they laid hands on them and sent them off.

So they, sent forth by the Holy Spirit,
went down to Seleucia
and from there sailed to Cyprus. 
When they arrived in Salamis,
they proclaimed the word of God in the Jewish synagogues. 


Responsorial PsalmPS 67:2-3, 5, 6 AND 8


R. (4) O God, let all the nations praise you!
or:
R. Alleluia.
May God have pity on us and bless us;
may he let his face shine upon us.
So may your way be known upon earth;
among all nations, your salvation.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
or:
R. Alleluia.
May the nations be glad and exult
because you rule the peoples in equity;
the nations on the earth you guide.
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
or:
R. Alleluia.
May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you!
May God bless us,
and may all the ends of the earth fear him!
R. O God, let all the nations praise you!
or:
R. Alleluia.


AlleluiaJN 8:12


R. Alleluia, alleluia.
I am the light of the world, says the Lord;
whoever follows me will have the light of life.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.


GospelJN 12:44-50


Jesus cried out and said,
"Whoever believes in me believes not only in me
but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as light,
so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness. 
And if anyone hears my words and does not observe them,
I do not condemn him,
for I did not come to condemn the world but to save the world. 
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words
has something to judge him: the word that I spoke,
it will condemn him on the last day,
because I did not speak on my own,
but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak. 
And I know that his commandment is eternal life. 
So what I say, I say as the Father told me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...