Sunday, June 25, 2017

Precious


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/062517.cfm) reminds me that I am precious in God's eyes. 

In school, we are very conscious of the focus of people in authority. Students are more likely to be rough and naughty when they know the attention of the teacher is not on them. Mas makulit yung mga bata pag wala and teacher. They maximize the fact that human beings have limited view and capability to monitor people, and they wait until the attention is not on them before they do what they want to do. This is how we as humans function, with limited view and capabilities, but not God.

God has his eyes on all his creations. 

In the gospel, Jesus tells us that God has his eyes on the sparrow – which is worth very little in this world. God created everything, and as such, he looks after everything – even the seemingly insignificant creatures in this world. If he has his eyes on these creatures, much more on us who are made in his image and likeness. God can do that, to watch over everyone and everything, but as his greatest creatures, his masterpieces, he has more focus on human beings. Even the hair on our head is counted. He watches over us in that level of detail. That is how special we are. That is how special I am to God. 

You are special in God's eyes. 

God watching over us is not just so he knows what we are doing. Jesus warns us of what we should be afraid of and careful about – those who can take our life into this world and the next – the devil. We should be careful of falling into sin, into the devil’s traps that will affect where we will spend eternity in. However, as God is watching over us, he also is protecting us. He is guiding us and he sends his angels to make sure we have reminders to do good and fight the devil. He watches over us and he is powerful over anything That’s what we should remember.

May we find courage that our great God always has his eyes on us, and always be reminded of how special we are in God's eyes. 


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for another Sunday. Lord, thank you for loving me and watching over me. thank you for protecting me. I am sorry for the times I ignore you and do what is not pleasing to your sight. Sorry for doubting myself and my worth. Sorry for forgetting this. Help me remember you, to live right in your eyes. Help me remember how special I am as a child of God. And help me live like that - like the son of a King. Help me live pleasing to you and doing your will all the time. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


June 25, 2017
Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 94



Reading 1JER 20:10-13


Jeremiah said:
"I hear the whisperings of many:
'Terror on every side!
Denounce! let us denounce him!'
All those who were my friends
are on the watch for any misstep of mine.
'Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail,
and take our vengeance on him.'
But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion:
my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph.
In their failure they will be put to utter shame,
to lasting, unforgettable confusion.
O LORD of hosts, you who test the just,
who probe mind and heart,
let me witness the vengeance you take on them,
for to you I have entrusted my cause.
Sing to the LORD,
praise the LORD,
for he has rescued the life of the poor
from the power of the wicked!"


Responsorial PsalmPS 69:8-10, 14, 17, 33-35


R. (14c) Lord, in your great love, answer me.
For your sake I bear insult,
and shame covers my face.
I have become an outcast to my brothers,
a stranger to my children,
Because zeal for your house consumes me,
and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me.
R. Lord, in your great love, answer me.
I pray to you, O LORD,
for the time of your favor, O God!
In your great kindness answer me
with your constant help.
Answer me, O LORD, for bounteous is your kindness;
in your great mercy turn toward me.
R. Lord, in your great love, answer me.
"See, you lowly ones, and be glad;
you who seek God, may your hearts revive!
For the LORD hears the poor,
and his own who are in bonds he spurns not.
Let the heavens and the earth praise him,
the seas and whatever moves in them!''
R. Lord, in your great love, answer me.


Reading 2ROM 5:12-15


Brothers and sisters:
Through one man sin entered the world,
and through sin, death,
and thus death came to all men, inasmuch as all sinned—
for up to the time of the law, sin was in the world,
though sin is not accounted when there is no law.
But death reigned from Adam to Moses,
even over those who did not sin
after the pattern of the trespass of Adam,
who is the type of the one who was to come.

But the gift is not like the transgression.
For if by the transgression of the one the many died,
how much more did the grace of God
and the gracious gift of the one man Jesus Christ
overflow for the many.


AlleluiaJN 15:26B, 27A


R. Alleluia, alleluia.
The Spirit of truth will testify to me, says the Lord;
and you also will testify.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.


GospelMT 10:26-33


Jesus said to the Twelve:
"Fear no one.
Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light;
what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops.
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy
both soul and body in Gehenna.
Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?
Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father's knowledge.
Even all the hairs of your head are counted.
So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Everyone who acknowledges me before others
I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.
But whoever denies me before others,
I will deny before my heavenly Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...