Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Come And Surrender




The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121317.cfm) reminds me that I should come and surrender to God. 



In this worlda lot of things can weigh us down. Focusing too much on studies, career, business and worldly achievements and accomplishments will weigh us down. The quest for fame, power and fortune will burn us out. These things of the world are temporary, and as long as long as we focus on these, we will never be satisfied and will just be tired, because thirst for worldly things will never be quenched. There will always be someone more beautiful, more successful, more intelligent, more powerful, and more famous than you. IF we will focus on these things, no matter how hard we work, we will never attain the fullness of life, and it will only weigh us down.


What can we do then?


Come to Jesus.


"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."


In the gospel, He says that all who are tired and burdened come to him. He will give us rest. How can we rest? Will he give us what we want? Money, fame, power, achievements. Will we have all that when we come to Jesus? No – but we will have something much more than those.

Coming to Him is not the only thing he is asking from us. With coming to him comes the need to surrender to him


Take my yoke and learn from me. 



It is not enough to come to him. We should also submit ourselves to him. We should also surrender to Him. Yes, the famous saying, Let go and let God. As we come to him, as we submit our self to him, we will slowly be transformed to be more and more like him. 

As we surrender our personal desires, we allow God to empty us, only then will he be able to fill up with everything that is of his. Then as we are transformed, we see that all the material things in the world should not be the focus of our lives, thus not be burdened with these things anymore.

What is weighing me down right now? What is my biggest concern? Am I willing to come to God for help? Am I willing to submit myself, including all my desires, to Him? Am I willing to empty myself out so he can fill me with everything that is of his? Am i ready to let go and let God?




May we learn not just to come to Jesus, but surrender to Him as well. 




Father God,

Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you Lord for consistently reminding me that you are always thinking of me and my concerns. Thank you for always calling me to you, and for always being ready to accept me with open arms. Lord, sorry for the times I do things my way. Sorry for not coming to you and for not surrendering to you. Sorry for seeking rest in other things and people instead of on you. I ask that You help me build my faith in you. I know Lord that as I surrender to your will, I will be transformed and that you will take care of everything. You always do, Lord. You have never failed to bless me with things more than I need and more than I deserve. May I always seek your will in my life, and have faith that you will continue to provide and take care of me. Amen.



Blessed Day!



In Christ,

-g-


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2017

Memorial of Saint Lucy, Virgin and Martyr
Lectionary: 183



Reading 1 Is 40:25-31


To whom can you liken me as an equal?
says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high
and see who has created these things:
He leads out their army and numbers them,
calling them all by name.
By his great might and the strength of his power
not one of them is missing!
Why, O Jacob, do you say,
and declare, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD,
and my right is disregarded by my God"?

Do you not know
or have you not heard?
The LORD is the eternal God,
creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint nor grow weary,
and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny.
He gives strength to the fainting;
for the weak he makes vigor abound.
Though young men faint and grow weary,
and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles' wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.


Responsorial Psalm Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8 and 10


R. (1) O bless the Lord, my soul!
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all my being, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits.
R. O bless the Lord, my soul!
He pardons all your iniquities,
he heals all your ills.
He redeems your life from destruction,
he crowns you with kindness and compassion.
R. O bless the Lord, my soul!
Merciful and gracious is the LORD,
slow to anger and abounding in kindness.
Not according to our sins does he deal with us,
nor does he requite us according to our crimes.
R. O bless the Lord, my soul!

Alleluia


R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Behold, the Lord comes to save his people;
blessed are those prepared to meet him.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.

Gospel Mt 11:28-30


Jesus said to the crowds:
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...