Friday, June 5, 2020

The WORD


The WORD today reminds me how powerful God’s WORD is. 

I once attended a teaching emphasizing that the Bible is not a collection of books and letters. We, as followers of Christ , believe that the bible is the WORD. It is God’s word to us. As some say, it is God’s love letter to us. 

The first reading says that the bible, referred to as the Scripture, is capable of giving us wisdom and salvation. Not only that, it is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, correction, refutation and training so we, as followers and servants of Christ, may be competent and equipped.

Ang galing no! Such powerful Word!

Even Jesus quotes the Scripture in the gospel to prove his point. 

Indeed, the Scripture, the Word, the Bible is very effective and powerful.

It is God’s way of communicating to us, strengthening us, and empowering us.

In life, we face a lot of things, and the bible is God’s direct and ready means of communicating to us. It is through his word that we get to know him more as we build a deeper and personal relationship with him. It is through reading God’s word and his promises of a bright future for us that we are strengthened as we face problems, like the psalmist today says. It is God’s word that comforts that encourages us to press on even if we face challenges. It is God’s word that empowers us as we proclaim God’s kingdom and serve Him.

God’s word is there. It is readily available. It is accessible. However, he cannot spoonfeed us. We need to want him. We need to read. We need to act. Thats how we will know him more. That’s how we will hear him. 

With what is happening around us, the more we should read on God’s word. With all the news on evil and uncertainty in society, we should hold on and get strength from God’s word. 

What is the bible for me? How important is God’s word for me? Do I seek and desire to know God more by reading his word? Do I have faith that his word is powerful?

May we see the power of God’s word and immerse ourselves into it.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for your word. Thank you that you constantly reach out to us through your word. Sorry for not having the desire to know you more. Sorry for not wanting you enough. Help me. Give me a thirst for you. I pray that we see the beauty and power of your word and immerse ourselves into it as we serve you. All this I ask in Jesus name. Amen.

Blessed Day!

In Christ,
-g-

June 05, 2020
Friday of Week 9; St. Boniface
FIRST READING 
2nd Letter of Saint Paul to Timothy 3:10-17

You have followed my teaching, way of life, purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, and sufferings, such as happened to me in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra, persecutions that I endured. Yet from all these things the Lord delivered me. In fact, all who want to live religiously in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But wicked people and charlatans will go from bad to worse, deceivers and deceived. But you, remain faithful to what you have learned and believed, because you know from whom you learned it, and that from infancy you have known the sacred Scriptures, which are capable of giving you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM
Psalm 119:157, 160, 161, 165, 166, 168

R. (165a) O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

Though my persecutors and my foes are many, I turn not away from your decrees. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

Permanence is your word’s chief trait; each of your just ordinances is everlasting. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

Princes persecute me without cause but my heart stands in awe of your word. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

Those who love your law have great peace, and for them there is no stumbling block. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

I wait for your salvation, O LORD, and your commands I fulfill. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law. 

I keep your precepts and your decrees, for all my ways are before you. 

R. O Lord, great peace have they who love your law.

ALLELUIA
John 14:23

R. Alleluia, alleluia. 

Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him and we will come to him. 

R. Alleluia, alleluia.

GOSPEL
Mark 12:35-37

As Jesus was teaching in the temple area he said, “How do the scribes claim that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said: 

The Lord said to my lord, ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies under your feet.’ 

David himself calls him ‘lord’; so how is he his son?” The great crowd heard this with delight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...