Friday, October 20, 2017

Eyes On All


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102017.cfm) reminds me that God has his eyes on all his creations. 

In school, we were very conscious of the focus of people in authority. Students are more likely to be rough and naughty when they know the attention of the teacher was not on them. They maximize the fact that human beings have limited view and capability to monitor people, and they wait until the attention is not on them before they do what they want to do. This is how we as humans function, but not God.

God has his eyes on all his creations. 

In the gospel, Jesus tells us that God has his eyes on the sparrow – which is worth very little in this world. God created everything, and as such, he looks after everything – even the seemingly insignificant creatures in this world. If he has his eyes on these creatures, much more on us who are made in his image and likeness. God can do that, to watch over everyone and everything, but as his greatest creatures, his masterpiece, he has more focus on human beings. 

God watching over us is not just so he knows what we are doing. Jesus warns us of what we should be afraid of and careful about – those who can take our life into this world and the next – the devil. We should be careful of falling into sin, into the devil’s traps that will affect where we will spend eternity in. However, as God is watching over us, he also is protecting us. He is guiding us and he sends his angels to make sure we have reminders to do good and fight the devil. He watches over us and he is powerful over anything That’s what we should remember.

May we find courage and inspiration that our great God always has his eyes on us.


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for the reminder. Lord, thank you for loving me and watching over me. thank you for protecting me. I am sorry for the times I ignore you and do what is not pleasing to your sight. Help me remember you, to live right in your eyes. Help me trust in and surrender to you. Remind me always of your love and your protection. May it give me the strength and confidence to live pleasing to you. Amen. 

Blessed Day!

In Christ,
-g-



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



October 20, 2017
Friday of the Twenty-eighth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 471



Reading 1ROM 4:1-8


Brothers and sisters:
What can we say that Abraham found,
our ancestor according to the flesh?
Indeed, if Abraham was justified on the basis of his works,
he has reason to boast;
but this was not so in the sight of God.
For what does the Scripture say?
Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.
A worker's wage is credited not as a gift, but as something due.
But when one does not work,
yet believes in the one who justifies the ungodly,
his faith is credited as righteousness. 
So also David declares the blessedness of the person
to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven
and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not record.


Responsorial PsalmPS 32:1B-2, 5, 11


R. (see 7) I turn to you, Lord, in time of trouble, and you fill me with the joy of salvation.
Blessed is he whose fault is taken away,
whose sin is covered.
Blessed the man to whom the LORD imputes not guilt,
in whose spirit there is no guile.
R. I turn to you, Lord, in time of trouble, and you fill me with the joy of salvation.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you,
my guilt I covered not.
I said, "I confess my faults to the LORD,"
and you took away the guilt of my sin.
R. I turn to you, Lord, in time of trouble, and you fill me with the joy of salvation.
Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you just;
exult, all you upright of heart.
R. I turn to you, Lord, in time of trouble, and you fill me with the joy of salvation.


AlleluiaPS 33:22


R. Alleluia, alleluia.
May your kindness, O LORD, be upon us;
who have put our hope in you.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.


GospelLK 12:1-7


At that time:
So many people were crowding together 
that they were trampling one another underfoot.
Jesus began to speak, first to his disciples,
"Beware of the leaven–that is, the hypocrisy–of the Pharisees.

"There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known.
Therefore whatever you have said in the darkness
will be heard in the light,
and what you have whispered behind closed doors
will be proclaimed on the housetops.
I tell you, my friends,
do not be afraid of those who kill the body
but after that can do no more.
I shall show you whom to fear.
Be afraid of the one who after killing
has the power to cast into Gehenna;
yes, I tell you, be afraid of that one.
Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins?
Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
Do not be afraid.
You are worth more than many sparrows."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...