Sunday, January 15, 2012

From the Inside Out

Sharing an edited part of my prayer which is related to today’s gospel
In the gospel, the disciples asked a simple question.. Where are u staying. But instead of telling them where, you ask them to follow you. Why? Because you want them to stay and know you more. You want them to be immersed with you. You want them to experience you firsthand so they would have a personal relationship with you. LORD I KNOW THAT YOU WANT ME to know You more as well. You want me to be immersed in your presence. You want me to have a firsthand experience with you to build my own personal relationship with you. And Lord I know that you want me to move and do my part. You want me to take a step, a leap of faith, to make an effort to attain that. Having a personal relationship with you needs my commitment as well, and I need to do that.
Lord i pray that i be radical the way the two disciples were. May i not be comfortable enough where i am. May i always want to improve my faith. May i seek and follow you lord. May i allow myself to be immersed in your love as i strive to be more like you. Lord, I know all you want from me is the decision. The decision to follow you wholeheartedly. As we start the year, I may already or may not yet know what you want me to do to improve my faith and my relationship with you…but lord, I know you just want me to make that decision – the decision to seek you, follow you and to get to know you. I have faith lord that kayo na ang bahala, that you would guide me once I make that decision to improve my faith. I just need to make that decision… Now lord, I ask you to look into my heart. I know my heart is not so clean… but amidst all the things that are in my heart, You know lord that I love you and I want to follow you and to improve my faith. My friends, if you are ready, make the decision with me. Lord, I commit to it. I commit to seek you, follow you, be immersed in your presence, even if it is painful. Help me Lord to stick to my commitment.
As i commit follow you, consume me father God. Take all of me. You alone are worthy of my praise, of my best in everything, and that’s what I’m giving you. I offer my life to you to glorify you. Take all of me and make me into the person you created me to be. I trust you with all my life, for you are my rock, my savior, my source of strength. You are my God, my father, my redeemer, my friend. Yes lord, you are everything to me, and you are everything that I need. As I trust and offer my life to you lord, and i beg you to consume me from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...