Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Do Not Know

It took a while before something struck me in the readings today. Why? I do not know. Maybe that’s why the gospel struck me.

I did not know him,
but the reason why I came baptizing with water
was that he might be made known to Israel."

John the Baptist did not know Jesus, yet he prepared the way for him. He did not know a lot of things, yet he still served God, doing what God asked Him to do, without questioning Him.  He was happy knowing He is doing God’s work, and the situation around him did not get into him, did not stop him. Nevermind if he did not know the Messiah. Nevermind if he should decrease for the Messiah to increase. Nevermind if his disciples left him to follow Jesus. What’s important is John the Baptist was serving God, doing God’s work. Sana tayo din ganun. Kahit madaming bagay and hindi natin ma control, sana tuloy tuloy lang tayo sa pag serve kay God. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...