Monday, February 27, 2012

God commands us


The readings today tells us the commandments of God. The first reading tells us what God expects from us, what we should and should not do. IT is interesting to note that every “set” of commandments, God is reminding us who He is. “I am the LORD” These commandments are not just from human beings. God is reminding us, that He, the LORD, commands us to do and not to do these things.

The gospel further shows what God expects of us. Yes, more of less same things are expected. However, in the gospel, we see that God is really serious in his commandments. He wants us to do these things. He expects us to do these things. He separated the righteous – the people who actually did his commandments, not for people to recognize them or to show off, but because they really were living the commandments. Their actions, as manifested through the poor, was out of love for God.

Do I know what God wants me to do? Do I actually do these things, or do I just know them in theory? What can I do to please God more?

Have a blessed week blessing others!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...