Sunday, February 26, 2012

He was tempted too


Today’s second reading is inspiring. It shows how much God loves us and how powerful he is.

Christ suffered for sins once,
the righteous for the sake of the unrighteous,
that he might lead you to God.
Put to death in the flesh,
he was brought to life in the Spirit.

Christ suffered for us! He died for us! We are unrighteous, we are not worthy, but He gave his life for us! The son of God, giving his life for you! Doesn’t that make you feel so loved and special??? No person could ever do that for us, only Jesus. he died to give us life. That is the greatest expression of love.


The gospel shows that he was tempted by Satan, but he did not give in. This reminds us that we too can do this. Tao din sya, parang tayo. We are reminded that satan cannot win against God, and he cannot win against us if we keep our eyes and focus on God. It was not easy for Jesus to die for us. He perspired blood while praying in the garden. That’s how scared he was. He could have backed out and said, “God, send your angels to save me from here” or “God, this is too much. They are not worth it, I’m out of here” But no, His focus was on God, so He obediently subjected himself to God’s will, suffered under human hands, and died for us.

Do I know how much God loves me? Am I satisfied with that love, or am I incomplete, looking for a human love to complete me? How do I repay God’s love? When faced with temptation, how do I react? Do I give in because it is easy to do so and because I feel I am weak to resist, or do I get strength from God as I focus on Him and what I can do through him? How do I strengthen my faith?

May we always remember how much God loves us, and may we keep our eyes on Jesus, especially when faced with the enemy’s temptations.

God bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...