Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Ano Ang Bunga


The WORD today (see http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062718.cfm) reminds me that I should be conscious of the fruits I bear. 


A mango tree bears mango, a buko tree bears buko. Looking at a tree will not only give you what fruit it will bear, but also what quality. A strong, mighty and leafy mango tree would usually give good fruit. A good tree bears good fruit, a rotten tree bears bad fruit.


A fruit gets its quality from what's inside the tree. 


Jesus warns us to look past the superficial level – to look beyond the seemingly harmless appearance and see what is inside. Jesus wants is to look deep into our hearts and see beyond what other people see, beyond what we project, beyond what we say. Jesus is asking us to examine our lives and see what is inside of us, because eventually it will come out and bear fruit.


We all bear fruit.


Jesus sees what is inside of us. He sees way past our actions, our image and reputation and what we say or project to other people. Kahit sabihin mo, or ipakita mo sa ibang tao, alam ni God ano yung nasa loob ng puso mo. Minsan, kahit hindi mo alam, kahit hindi ka aware, alam ni God. That’s why it is important to always pray and ask his guidance as he reveal what is really in our hearts.


However, as with life, there’s always an exception. The people in the first reading did not know they were already disobeying God. They did not know they were not honouring the covenant and were not doing their part. When they learned of it, they quickly repented and went back to God. Bad tree yung ancestors nila, but they became good fruits. I believe that there will always be opportunities for us to change and go back to God, we just have to be open to him and sensitive. When we fall, when we make mistakes, we will always have a chance to repent and get back with God. 


We all bear fruit. Fruits that are lasting. Fruits that are real. Not just superficial. We should be conscious of what fruits we bear, for it testifies to the life we live and ultimately to our faith. We should aim to be one with God, rooted in God, so we can bear good fruit always. 


Am I seeking God’s will in my actions? Do I constantly try to make an effort to examine my life and change my ways, as I pray that God help me discern what’s in my heart? What fruits am I bearing in my life?  Do I bear good fruit?


May we be inspired and do our best to bear good fruit for God.


Father God,

Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another reminder. Thank you for reminding me that I should bear good fruit. Sorry for the times I don't give it much thought. Sorry for the times I get contented with a good reputation and image, and not a good fruit. Lord, I ask that as I live my life, You help me to be always aware of my intentions, of what is inside my heart. I pray that I always seek your guidance and seek and obey your will above all so that I can glorify you. May my life bear good fruit for your glory. Amen.


Blessed Day!


In Christ,

-g-




June 27, 2018

Wednesday of the Twelfth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 373



The high priest Hilkiah informed the scribe Shaphan,
"I have found the book of the law in the temple of the LORD."
Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, who read it.
Then the scribe Shaphan went to the king and reported,
"Your servants have smelted down the metals available in the temple
and have consigned them to the master workmen
in the temple of the LORD."
The scribe Shaphan also informed the king
that the priest Hilkiah had given him a book,
and then read it aloud to the king.
When the king heard the contents of the book of the law,
he tore his garments and issued this command to Hilkiah the priest,
Ahikam, son of Shaphan,
Achbor, son of Micaiah, the scribe Shaphan,
and the king's servant Asaiah:
"Go, consult the LORD for me, for the people, for all Judah,
about the stipulations of this book that has been found,
for the anger of the LORD has been set furiously ablaze against us,
because our fathers did not obey the stipulations of this book,
nor fulfill our written obligations."

The king then had all the elders of Judah
and of Jerusalem summoned together before him.
The king went up to the temple of the LORD with all the men of Judah
and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem:
priests, prophets, and all the people, small and great.
He had the entire contents of the book of the covenant
that had been found in the temple of the LORD, read out to them.
Standing by the column, the king made a covenant before the LORD
that they would follow him
and observe his ordinances, statutes and decrees
with their whole hearts and souls,
thus reviving the terms of the covenant
which were written in this book.
And all the people stood as participants in the covenant.


Responsorial Psalm PS 119:33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40

R. (33a) Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Instruct me, O LORD, in the way of your statutes,
that I may exactly observe them.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Give me discernment, that I may observe your law
and keep it with all my heart.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Lead me in the path of your commands,
for in it I delight.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Incline my heart to your decrees
and not to gain.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Turn away my eyes from seeing what is vain:
by your way give me life.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.
Behold, I long for your precepts;
in your justice give me life.
R. Teach me the way of your decrees, O Lord.


Alleluia JN 15:4A, 5B

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Remain in me, as I remain in you, says the Lord;
whoever remains in me will bear much fruit.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.


Gospel MT 7:15-20

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing,
but underneath are ravenous wolves.
By their fruits you will know them.
Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
Just so, every good tree bears good fruit,
and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
A good tree cannot bear bad fruit,
nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit.
Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down
and thrown into the fire.
So by their fruits you will know them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...