Monday, December 5, 2011

Do You Give Up Easily?

Things does not always come easy.

In today’s gospel http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120511.cfm, the men brought a paralyzed man on a stretcher. Jesus healed the man because of their faith. We know how important faith is in healing (see http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2011/12/total-surrender.html ). The gospel now reminds me to be like the men who did not give up easily.

Their intention was good, they want the paralyzed man to be healed. However, it was not easy. There were a lot of people so they could not get in. Like Zacchaeus who went up the tree to see Jesus, these men went up the roof and lowered the paralyzed man so he can be healed. Effort talaga. This shows that even if our intentions are good, even if we want to serve and bless others, things will not always come easy. However, we should not give up, we should be persistent in doing good, in serving, in living our faith.

Reflection questions:
How easily do I give up? When things doesn’t go my way, what do I do? Do I expect everything to be smooth sailing because I am serving and doing God’s will? What kind of friends so I keep? Are they like the men in the gospel who brings me to God, or are like the Pharisees whose hearts are closed to Jesus? In the same way, what kind of friend am i?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...