Saturday, December 31, 2011

In the Beginning…

The readings today remind me to look back, to reflect. The first reading says that “it is the last hour…” There is a warning, but there also is encouragement and affirmation. In here God reminds us that “we have the anointing, and we know the truth.” Despite all the things that are happening in our world today, we are encouraged to take a moment and realize that our one true God does not change, and his love never fades.
The gospel reminds me to look back on the year that was. 2011. There were a lot of challenges, a lot of trials, frustrations… but there are more blessings, affirmation, and love that God made me feel, especially though my family and friends. Amidst all the celebration this Christmas, then this new year, God encourages us to look back and see where it all starts, what is the root of all of this. God. His love made concrete by Him sending his only Son to be human like us to save us from our sins. That for me is what God wants to remind me as I end this year. God’s love.
As we all close this year, may we always be reminded of God’s love, and may we be like John, who prepared the way for Jesus, who brought Christ to others and brought others to Christ.
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...