Friday, December 9, 2011

Who Do You Follow?

Who do you follow?

The readings today http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120911.cfm  remind us what we will get when we follow God.

The first reading and psalm say that we will be blessed immensely when we follow God, that we will have the “light of life” when we follow God. God really loves us and takes care of us, and when we follow Him, it does not necessarily follow that we will get what we want. For me, it’s more of us being transformed into God’s image and likeness, into the persons we were created and destined to be. We start to see the blessings we used to take for granted. We start seeing God’s hands working in our lives. We start to realize what’s important in this life. These are the reasons why we are blessed.

Nothing will be enough proof or evidence if we really don’t want to follow God. In the gospel, when John the Baptist was not eating or drinking, people said he was possessed by a demon. Then when Jesus came, eating and drinking, they said He’s a glutton and drunkard. Ano ba talaga? Labo diba? It just shows that no proof is enough those whose hearts are hardened to Christ. As followers of Christ, we should also pray for these people.

Reflection Questions:
Who am I following? Am I following God, or am I just doing it my way? What prevents me from fully following God? What can I do so I can follow God wholeheartedly? Are there people I need to pray for so they would start following God?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...