Friday, March 18, 2016

Call For Help


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031816.cfm) reminds me that God is faithful to those who call in to him for help. 

In the first reading, we see Jeremiah trusting the Lord in his situation - when people were pressing on to him and seemingly have advantage. Jeremiah continued to trust in God. He had faith in God's power and protection. The psalmist echoes the same thing. 

God hears those who call on him for help, with full faith in his love and power. 

In the gospel, this theme is continued. Even God's only Son, Jesus, experienced worldly oppression. And like Jeremiah, he called to God for help. He continued to trust in God. And God rewarded that attitude. God rewarded that faith. 

However, when we are in challenging situations, we do not always come to God for help. We sometimes react with the ways of the world. We want to do something about it. We do our own way. Calling God is not a priority. This should change. Our actions should be anchored on our faith in God, not our instinctive reaction to the concerns. 

May we be inspired by Jeremiah and Jesus to call on God and have faith in his love and power. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for the reminder. Lord, sorry for the times I act on my own. Sorry for not calling to you for help. Sorry for not having a strong faith in you. Help me improve my faith. May you always be my first option when challenges come my way. I will do my best to anchor my actions on you. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...