Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lift God


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031516.cfm) reminds me that I should lift God in my life. 

I have always loved stories, and the story in the first reading is a very visual and amazing one. Imagine serpents being sent down from heaven, poisoning people. However, what's more amazing is how God remedied it, by a bronze serpent lifted up. Whoever looks at it will be healed. This is how we should treat God. 

We should lift God up in our lives for us to be saved. 

In our lives, there are a lot of serpents. People and things that will try to kill and destroy us. They will succeed, if we let them. And the only way for us to be saved is to lift Jesus in our lives. The only way to survive and remain in God's favor is to lift him up in our lives - higher than anything that we like or desire. We should Look up to him and focus on him, not on others around us.
How do we do that? By choosing to focus on Him and spread his compassion by not joining others who talk ill about an annoying person in the office. By choosing to lift him up and obey traffic rules even if no one will see if you break them. By choosing to lift him up and do good even if others around us do not. 

May we be challenged and willing to lift God up in our lives, in the little and big decisions we make. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for another chance to experience your love. Lord, sorry for the times I ignore you. Sorry for the times I choose to lift other things or people in my life. Sorry for the times I ignore you.  Help me live right. Help me lift you up in my life. I know I should. You know I want to. Help me love it. May my life be pleasing to you. May I lift you up in the little and big things. And as I do so, I know you will be pleased and will eventually be saved. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:
http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2014/04/lifted.html
http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2015/09/lifted-high.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...