Saturday, March 12, 2016

Who Is Jesus to Me?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031216.cfm) makes me examine who Jesus is in my life. 

The gospel shows us that people have different opinions about who Jesus is. Some say he is the prophet. Others say he is indeed the Christ. But no one at that time actually knows. However, right now we know who Jesus really is. And we should proclaim who he is. 

It does not matter what other people say Jesus is. What matters to him is what we say about him. Who he is in our lives. And we can only say he is our God if we have an intimate and personal relationship with him. if we don’t pray, if we don’t hear mass and take the sacraments, if we don’t read the bible, if we don’t experience Jesus, we cannot honestly say that he is our God. Probably we can say that other people say he is, or other people say he is a great and loving God, but unless we build an intimate relationship with Him, we cannot say the same.

We are challenged today. Both the first reading and the psalm teach us who Jesus should be. He should be the who we put our full trust into. He should be the one who we hope for. He should be the one we take refuge in. 

Who is Jesus to you? Who is Jesus in your life? Do you put Him first in your life? Do you believe that He is the all loving, all merciful, all powerful God? Do you believe that He can work great things to and through you?

May we work to have an intimate and personal relationship with Him, and work harder to maintain and grow it.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. I praise and adore you for who you are. Lord, I am so blessed that you are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, and that no matter what I do, you will not love me less. Lord, I ask that you help me live my life proclaiming that you are the Messiah, that you are my God, that you are my hope and my refuge. Help me proclaim my faith through my life. May my life be my love letter to you. Help me live in a way pleasing to you so that I can bring people to you and glorify you. Help me build and sustain an intimate and personal relationship with you. This I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:
http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2015/09/who-am-i-to-you.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...