Monday, November 10, 2014

Faith in You


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/111014.cfm) reminds me that God has faith in me.

God sees us a lot better than we see ourselves. God sees not only our past or current state, but more importantly, he sees what we can become if we allow Him to work in and through us. He sees not only the challenges and sins, but also the goodness in us.

It is hard forgive, especially if we are hurt by people closest to us. That is why when Jesus taught about forgiveness, his disciples asked him to help them forgive. What Jesus is asking from us, to always be ready to forgive, is not easy. Yet he asks it nonetheless…because he has faith in us, in our goodness, in our capacity to forgive.

And the Apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”
The Lord replied, “If you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you would say to this mulberry tree,
‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.”

The disciples asked Jesus to help them forgive, to increase their faith. Jesus said if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, then we can move mountains.

Really, that small faith is enough?

I used to think that yes, that probably is enough. But what I discovered is that it becomes enough not because the requirement is small, but because of God.

God has faith in us!

It is his faith in us that increases the power of our little faith. It is his faith in us, our capacity to do good, our capacity to do great things through him, our capacity to love and to forgive, that enables us to do so, to move mountains, to forgive others even when we are deeply hurt, to love others the way Jesus wants us to. Yes, I believe that it is not just our faith, but God’s faith in us, that enables our mustard seed sized faith to do great things.

May we not be disheartened by our little faith. May we pray that God increase our faith. And while we wait, may we do our part and allow Him to, and trust in Him that he will add to whatever little faith we have.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another week. Thank you for all the blessings you have been giving me. Lord, I pray that you continue to increase my faith in you. And while you are in the process of increasing my faith, I ask that you continue to complement my faith, and continue to have faith in me. Your faith in me increases the power of my little faith, and I pray that as I continuously experience your love and faith in me, my faith will slowly and eventually increase as well. Help me be able to forgive others especially when I am deeply hurt. Enable me to love others without thinking of myself, of what I can get in return, and just love others the way you want me to. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...