Sunday, November 16, 2014

Use IT


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/111614.cfm) reminds me that we should use whatever God has given us

There are things that you preserve if you do not use it. Toys, for example. Increases the value if not used and remains sealed in a box. However, other things get wasted if not used. Perishable items get expired and wasted if not used before the expiry date.

In the gospel, we see that God wants us to use whatever he has given us.

His master said to him in reply, 'You wicked, lazy servant!
So you knew that I harvest where I did not plant
and gather where I did not scatter?
Should you not then have put my money in the bank
so that I could have got it back with interest on my return?

God wants us to use and grow whatever he gave us. God gave us different gifts – Time, talent and treasure, that we should not compare with others and use to grow. Our gifts will not grow and be preserved if we do not use it. We should be generous and not reserve it for special occasions, for if unused, God may take it away from us and give it to those who are using what they have.

God is a generous God, and he wants his children to experience his love, blessings and care. However, we should not just be contented in experiencing it. We should also be willing to share it with others. We should also be willing to be used by God to touch other people’s lives, and one way we can do that is to use whatever he has given us for the benefit of others.

May we be ready and willing to share our time, talent and treasure as we build God’s kingdom here on earth.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to experience your love. Thank you for all the blessings you have given me. Lord, I pray that I may always be generous and share whatever you have given me. May I not keep these things to myself, but be ready and willing to share all your goodness to others, so they too may experience you more. As I do this, I know you will continue to bless me, not because I am doing a good job, but because you want me to share more blessings to others. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...