Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jesus in Others


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112314.cfm) reminds me that Jesus is in others, especially the least, the last, and the lost

A lot of people say they love Jesus, however not all of us say they love the lost, the faithless, the unchurched. A lot say that they want to serve Jesus, but not all say they want to serve the poor, those in prison, the sick. Some say they don’t deserve service, because those in prison are criminals, or the poor may be part of a syndicate, of the sick did not take care of themselves. However, in today’s gospel, we are reminded that Jesus is not a statue in the church that we profess love to, but is alive on others living with us.

'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did
for one of the least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
He will answer them, 'Amen, I say to you,
what you did not do for one of these least ones,
you did not do for me.’
And these will go off to eternal punishment,
but the righteous to eternal life

God is not contented with simple profession of love and service. God wants us to act. And we can tell him we really love him and we really want to serve him, if we do. Doesn’t matter if other people don’t see the action. Doesn’t matter if we don’t get acknowledgement or affirmation. God sees everything we do, and God sees what we do and not do unto others.

May we be able to live our love for God by sharing it to others.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for another weekend to rest and spend time with you and the people I love. Thank you for the blessings in life, Lord, and thank you for the opportunity to serve and share these blessings with others. I pray that I may be able to show my love for you as I love others. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...