Friday, November 28, 2014

Words


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112814.cfm) reminds me that God’s words will not pass away

For a few days now, the readings have all been about judgment, about Christ’s second coming. This is not something we should be afraid of, rather, get us inspired and motivated to live life according to God’s ways. And in today’s readings, we are also reminded that God’s words will not pass away.

Heaven and earth will pass away,
but my words will not pass away

His words will be fulfilled.

God did not only tell us about judgment time, he also has promises for us as we live here on earth. He has promises of provision, of great plans, of love, of protection. And we are reminded to trust in his words, all of it. However, we will not know his words if we do not read up on it.

One of my favorite praise rap artist, Lecrae, writes this in his song: “when he gets home, I pray he'll open up the sixty-six book love letter you wrote and soak it up “ Makes sense. Sometimes we feel so down and low, and we are not doing anything about it. We won’t improve if we will just wait for things to get better. Reading God’s word, his promises, and soaking up ourselves on them will help us be better.  His love letter, the bible, will remind us of his promises and his love for us.

God’s words will not pass away. May we soak ourselves on his word and live life by it.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend coming up. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your word, for your love letter to me. I pray that I may have the desire to just soak it up and bask in it. May I always remember how much you love me and the promises you have for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...