Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Rock


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112214.cfm) reminds me that in life, God should be my Rock


A rock is a simple, yet sturdy thing. We think of a rock when we think of something hard and powerful. Aside from that, rocks are also strong foundation. That is why Jesus told us that a house built on a rock will withstand challenges, unlike a house built on sand. And in today’s psalm, we are reminded that God should be the Rock of our lives.

R. (1b) Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock,
who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war.
R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!
My mercy and my fortress,
my stronghold, my deliverer,
My shield, in whom I trust,
who subdues my people under me.
R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!
O God, I will sing a new song to you;
with a ten stringed lyre I will chant your praise,
You who give victory to kings,
and deliver David, your servant from the evil sword.
R. Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!

We all go through different challenges in life. Everyone has challenges. Everyone has problems. It just differs what kind and up to what extent these challenges are. And while some rely on different things – sports, family, and some even drugs, we are reminded not to forget God in facing these challenges. Only when God is our rock can we confidently stand against life’s challenges.

God does not choose who to protect. On the other hand, we have the power to choose who protects us. May we be wise and choose God to be our rock.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, I pray for all of us undergoing challenges in life. May we be humble and wise and make you our rock. Continue to protect and bless us as we face life’s challenges. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...