Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Crucified


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101514.cfm) reminds me what being crucified means.

Jesus gave new meaning to the cross. Crucifixion, death by the cross, was meant for sinners. But Jesus made it to symbolize love and new life. Jesus died on the cross for us, so we may live. His love changed the cross, and he will change our lives, if we let him.

God needs us to be crucified so he can save us.

He is not a masochist who wants pain for us. But he wants us to be empty so he can fill us up with all he wants to give us. He wants us to leave to the cross our old self – with our worldly desires, wants and needs, and allow Him to change us and raise us up, the way He did to Jesus. in the first reading we see this

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh
with its passions and desires

If we are not crucified, our lives will not change. God cannot enter our lives, for our hearts are filled with worldly concerns and wants. This is what happened to the Pharisees and scribes in the gospel. They do the supposedly good acts, but their hearts are not in the proper place. There is no space for God in their lives, in their hearts.

May we be willing to be crucified and die of our worldly desires and sins, so God can enter our lives and hearts and raise us up again.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. thank you for another chance to work and do good. Thank you for the reminder. Lord, I am sorry for the times I choose not to be crucified. Sorry for the times, a lot of them, that I don’t submit to you, that I insist on doing what I want, that I enjoy myself and this world too much at the expense of my soul. Help me change, Lord. Help me to slowly, little by little, day by day, be crucified of my worldly desires and submit to you, knowing that it is the only way you can enter my heart and my life and bring me new life and salvation. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...