Friday, October 17, 2014

He Protects


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101714.cfm) reminds me that God always protects us.

Insurance seems expensive. We think of the amount we are spending to insure something – say a house or a car. And we usually do not feel the importance of it, unless of course we would be needing that insurance, in case the car gets stolen or figures in an accident. But having an insurance makes us feel protected and secure as we use the car, or other things we insure.

Having God should make us feel protected. Because we are.

In the gospel, we see that he watches everything he created, even sparrows. And of course, like in insurance, the more valuable something is, the more expensive the insurance, the more it will be protected. The same goes with God. We are more valuable than his other creations, so his eyes that watch the sparrows take a closer watch at us.

Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins?
Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
Do not be afraid.
You are worth more than many sparrows

We may not always feel God’s love and protection, especially when problems of the world overwhelm us. But we should know, and have faith, that He is always there. We should trust his word when he says he is watching over us.

God’s love and protection does not mean no harm or problems will come our way. He also lets us be subjected to life’s challenges. He never promised an easy life, but he promised that we can overcome whatever challenges life has to offer, as long as we remain in Him.

May we always remember God’s love and protection in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for reminding me of your love and protections. Sorry for the times I let myself be overwhelmed by life’s challenges and forget about your love and power and protection. Sorry for the times I feel you are not there. I pray that you help me increase my faith, so I would always remember and know, even if I may not feel it, that you are always there protecting me. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...