Thursday, October 16, 2014

He Chose You


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101614.cfm) reminds me that God specifically chose me to be his own.

In sports, the draft is one of the most exciting events. Teams are given opportunities to choose and get players that they want – players they see potential in and players that they see would help their team. OF course players feel special for being chosen, and do their best to contribute to the team who chose them. Out of all the applicants, they were the ones who were chosen to be part of the team. That’s how special and wanted they are in the team.

This is how special we should also feel for being chosen to be part of God’s team.

In the first reading, we see that it was not us who chose God, but it was He himself who chose us.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ
with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,
as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world,
to be holy and without blemish before him.
In love he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ,
in accord with the favor of his will,
for the praise of the glory of his grace
that he granted us in the beloved

Out of all the people he created, he chose us. That should make us feel special, and should make us want to contribute to his team more. That desire inside, that longing for Him, that thirst for him, it is all because God chose you to be part of his team. And as part of it, he also needs us to do our part to strengthen his team and be one in his mission to proclaim God’s kingdom here on earth.

No matter what you can do, no matter how little you feel you can contribute, is enough for God. He chose you, not just for what you can give him, but also for what else you can become as you work for him. As with teams who strengthen their players as they participate in the program, God also strengthens  and equips us as we work for Him.

May we remember how special we are to be chosen to be part of God’s team, and work hard to contribute whatever we can for his team.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for choosing me to be part of your team. Thank you for seeing the potential in me, for seeing how special I am, even if I don’t see myself that way. I will do my best to contribute to your team. Help me as I do so. Strengthen and equip me., Lord. In a special way, I pray for all those celebrating their birthdays today especially my dad. Bless him and continue to make him feel how special and loved he is. Amen..

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...