Wednesday, October 22, 2014

To Whom Much Is Given


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102214.cfm) reminds me of what Peter Parker's uncle told him in the movie spider man - with great power comes great responsibility.

The gospel reminds us of something similar

"Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more.”

God expects more from us as things are revealed to us. Scary? More like challenging. God expects more from us as we know him more, because that's what the natural reaction should be. The more we know God, the more we feel his love, the more we experience his gentleness and forgiveness, the more we should want to stay away from sin - from hurting him.

If after knowing and experiencing these things from God and we don't change and don't improve, then something's wrong.

May we first allow God to love us, allow God to make us feel and experience his love, gentleness, power and forgiveness in our lives - and may it move us to change our lives to please him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for continuously revealing yourself to me. Lord, I pray that I always allow you to love me. May I experience your love in a deep, personal and intimate way. And as i do so, I pray that you give me the heart that would always want to please you and continuously change for the better. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...