Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Always Glad


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/123114.cfm) reminds me that we should always be glad because God is everywhere.

As we end the year, we also see the readings tell us that the end is near. Come to think of it, everyday we are getting one day closer to the end. On the other hand, we see in the gospel that God was there from the beginning. This is a great reminder that God is with us always – from the beginning until the end.

Children, it is the last hour;
and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming,
so now many antichrists have appeared.
Thus we know this is the last hour.

….

In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be.

Knowledge of God should make us glad.

The psalmist echoes this: Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice!

No matter what the situation is. No mater how tough it may be, or how happy it is, God is always there. It is an assurance, especially during tough times, that God is there, so this should make us glad knowing our God is always with us.

As we end the year, we have experienced a lot. A lot of joys and triumphs, and a lot of hardships and challenges as well. But throughout all these things, in all situations, there is one thing constant – God. We should never forget that he is always with us, and will always be with us whatever we go through in life.

May we always be glad, knowing that whatever we go through, God is with us.

What are the most memorable moments of 2014 for me – both joys and sorrows? Did I feel God being with me all throughout the year? How?  What can I do to make his presence more alive and real in my life? What does knowledge of Him being always there bring me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day. And thank you for another year. As we close this year, I want to thank you for always being with my in my journey. Thank you for all the joys and triumphs I experienced in my life. Thank you for your goodness. Thank you for reminding me how loving you are and how loved I am. I also thank you for all the challenges and hardships, for these things made me stronger and made me cling to you more. Lord, I ask that you continue to be patient with me, that you continue to be with me and mold be until I become more and more like you. May I continue to walk in faith and walk with you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...