Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It Takes Time


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/123014.cfm) reminds me to be patient with God’s plans.

Everything worthwhile takes time. A tree takes years growing its roots to become a strong and mighty tree. An athlete takes months, weeks or even years training and preparing to be in the best condition. No tree grows overnight, and no athlete gets to top condition in an hour. It takes time, effort, hardwork and patience to get to their full potential.

If we want God’s best, we have to learn how to wait.

She never left the temple,
but worshiped night and day with fasting and prayer.
And coming forward at that very time,
she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child
to all who were awaiting the redemption of Jerusalem
…..
The child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom;
and the favor of God was upon him.



In the gospel, the prophetess Anna never left the temple and prayed day and night. Wild. It took time, effort and patience to be where she is – spiritually. It did not happen overnight, but when she saw Jesus, it was well worth it. Also, we see that Jesus did not become a wise man overnight. It took him 30 years of growing, learning, waiting, before God told him to start his ministry. God’s best takes time. That time is necessary to grow, improve, and build a strong foundation. But when God’s plans come into fruition, it will be all worth it.

We all have prayers we want to happen. It is very hard to wait, we want things done right away. We want God’s plans to happen right away. We feel we are ready. And looking at others make it worse – we feel envious that they seem to have more than us, or that God’s best is given them already. We don’t know God’s reason, but we just need to trust his wisdom.

God cannot give us what we cannot handle – be it problems or blessings. Some people get things right away because they do it their way, they do it the world’s way which sometimes result to problems since they’re not ready. We need to wait for God’s perfect timing. And while we do, we just need to do our part, to be patient and do our best to prepare for great blessings will send our way.

What things am I praying for? Why do I want them so much? What is God telling me? What should be my reaction while I still don’t have them? How should I prepare myself while waiting for God’s time?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Lord, I pray that you help me be patient. It’s hard, Lord, because I want things to happen my way. But I would just trust in you. I would just surrender and let you have control of my life. While I wait, I will do my best to prepare, work hard, and be faithful to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
Sharing a song about waiting that inspires me…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...