Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Will Help You


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121114.cfm) reminds me that God will always be there to help me. 

They say that knowledge is power. I believe this is true. Not knowing things make us afraid. When we are afraid, we feel helpless. Today, God, the one who created everything and knows everything, tells us we should not be afraid. 

I am the LORD, your God,
who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you,
“Fear not, I will help you.”
Fear not, O worm Jacob,
O maggot Israel;
I will help you, says the LORD;
your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

God does not only tell us that we should not be afraid. That alone is enough, but he takes it a step further and tells us that he will help us. He will be there to guide and support us. He will be there to bless us. 

Taking a close look at our lives, we will see that a lot of times, he has been there for us. We worry too much. We think too much. We get afraid for no reason. We over react. Today, we are reminded not to. 

God will always be there to help us. We need not be afraid of life's challenges. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings. Thank you for always being there to help me. I pray for faith in you. May i always be ready and willing to surrender to you. May i hold on to your word when you say i should not be afraid and that you will help me. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...