Monday, December 1, 2014

Faith in the WORD


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120114.cfm) reminds me that we should have faith in God’s WORD.

Nowadays, we need proof for us to believe things. Talk is easy, and is often abused. In bazaars, sales and promos, what they advertise is usually not the whole picture. There are hidden terms and conditions. That’s why we don’t easily trust based on word alone. However, there is one being whose word we can trust. In the gospel, we are reminded who:

Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof;
only say the word and my servant will be healed.

For I too am a man subject to authority,
with soldiers subject to me.
And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes;
and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes;
and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him,
Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.

We can trust in Jesus’ word.

In the gospel, Jesus was willing to go to the house of the centurion, who was not only a good master but a faithful child of God as well. After travelling to see Jesus and asking for healing for his servant, the centurion showed great faith when he was willing to believe in Jesus’ words alone. And Jesus honored that faith.

Today, Jesus still speaks to us through his WORD. The bible is still relevant and true. God reminds us that he has great plans for us. God reminds us that he loves us so much. God reminds us that he will be there to support and strengthen us as we face life’s challenges. God reminds us that He is a healer. These are promises, these are words, that we should hang on to. Like the centurion, may we have enough faith to know and trust in God’s word.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for another week. Thank you for your word, Lord. Sometimes, in this world, it gets very difficult to trust others’ word. I know you are different, Lord. Help me soak on your word and increase my faith so I may trust you wholeheartedly. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...