Thursday, December 18, 2014

God With Us


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121814.cfm) reminds me that God is always with us.

Presence is important. We need to feel the physical presence of someone to be secured and to be assured that someone is there. However, God is reminding us today that he is always here with us, even if we may not feel it.

Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,


which means “God is with us.”
When Joseph awoke,
he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him
and took his wife into his home.
He had no relations with her until she bore a son,
and he named him Jesus

God takes care of things, even if we do not see it, even if we do not know it. In the gospel, Mary did not know that Joseph had plans of divorcing her quietly so she may not be put to shame. Though he was a good man, and intention was good, God had better plans. He sent the angel to assure Joseph that everything happening had God’s blessing. God was with Mary, though she did not feel him moving in her life.

God is with us as well, even if we don’t feel him.

A lot of times we say we don’t feel God because we do not get what we want. But that’s just immature of us. Maybe we don’t feel God because he protects us, because he stops bad things from actually happening to us. That’s why we feel that things are normal and boring, because God is there, always with us to protect us.

We may not experience God in a grand way, like the angel appearing to Mama Mary or in a dream directly speaking to us through an angel like Joseph, but until now, God is present. He is active and moving in our lives, blessing and protecting us. May we learn to trust in Him, and appreciate all things he does behind the scenes.

Is God alive in my life? How? Do I feel him loving and protecting me? In what way? Do I need grand signs to know that he is with me, or do I trust his word, and feel his presence through different things in my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for your protection. Thank you for another reminder that you are always there. Lord, sorry for the times I fail to see you. Sorry for the times I do not acknowledge you in my life, just because things seem normal. Lord, I know that you are working behind the scenes, and you are protecting me from danger. I trust in you, Lord. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ.
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...