Monday, December 15, 2014

God’s Wisdom


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121514.cfm) reminds me of God’s wisdom in our lives.

There are a lot of things we worry about. A lot of things we want answers to. A lot of fears in our lives. But today’s gospel reminds us that God’s wisdom is infinite and is always there.

In the gospel, when the people seemed to have trapped Jesus, we see divine wisdom in action. He knows that they are thinking in their minds, and he knows how to answer them to show the wisdom and power that he has.

Nothing can keep God’s plan from happening.

The people had no power to force Jesus to do something he did not want to do or tell what he does not want to tell. And we should be encouraged because the world has no power over Jesus, and no matter how we feel, or what may be happening, is not out of God’s control.

God’s wisdom sees the logic of what is happening in our lives.

There are a lot of questions in our minds, but we are reminded today that God’s wisdom makes sense of everything, and though we may not yet see and understand it now, we should have faith that in His perfect time, everything would make sense.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day, for another week. Lord, thank you for the nice reminder as I start another week. You know my fears and concerns, Lord. You see what I don’t see. Help me to just trust in you. I know you have great plans for me. Things may not make sense now, things may not look good, but I know that your wisdom is above all, and that your plans will eventually come into fruition in my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...