Saturday, December 27, 2014

Share His Love


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122714.cfm) reminds me that true love is meant to be shared.

In the first reading we see John saying that their joy would only be complete if they would be able to share the good news to others, if they would be able to share God to others. And in the psalm, we are asked to rejoice in the Lord.

what we have seen and heard
we proclaim now to you,
so that you too may have fellowship with us;
for our fellowship is with the Father
and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
We are writing this so that our joy may be complete.

Knowing God is not for one's gain and appreciation only. Knowing God brings joy, but sharing God to others would bring even greater joy. That is why we are called to share God to others too - to share our stories, our encounters and our faith with others.

Sharing the love, sharing Jesus, is not through preaching only. They say actions speak louder than words. When we do good and help others; when we are constantly trying to do good and be honest; when we continue to be happy and peaceful despite all the challenges we encounter - then that's when we really share God. Why? because That's when people will wonder - what God is this person serving? Why is he so happy and peaceful? Why is she genuinely good? I want to be like him. I want to know his God.

May be inspired by St John, the disciple Jesus loved so much, and be moved to share God's love and kingdom not just with words, but by our actions, by our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for loving me, Lord. I pray that I have a heart like St John, who found great joy in sharing you to others. Despite all things I am encountering, may I find joy and peace in you. May I bring you to others not just with my words, but more importantly and more powerfully, with my life. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...