Wednesday, September 24, 2014

He Provides


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092414.cfm) reminds me that God provides what we need in life.

I am now slowly preparing for a new phase in life. We are now getting ready and preparing for marriage, and with the excitement and thrill of it, comes also worries and concerns. Financial is one of them. And it is fitting that the gospel today reminded me that God will provide. We should just continue to remain dependent on him as we do our part.

He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey,
neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money,
and let no one take a second tunic

It must have been weird for the disciples when they were told to do. Proclaim the kingdom of God and heal the sick, but we are not supposed to bring anything for ourselves? How about us? how about our concerns and needs? Probably these were some things they had on their mind. However, these did not keep them from following Jesus and doing their part.

They obeyed Jesus. They worked. And they trusted in God.

And God took care of them.

In our lives, we too are facing such concerns. There are a lot of things bothering us. A lot of problems weighing us down. However, Jesus is reminding us to just do what we are supposed to do. To just do our part, do our best, and leave the rest to Him. We do not have to understand everything. We do not have to see and plan everything, until the very end. But we should do our best, work, and trust in God... and he will provide.

May we always be reminded of the goodness and the provision of God, and may this move us to do our best and just trust in Him on things we have no control of.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to experience your love and provision. Thank you for your word that reminds me how much you love me and that you will always take care of me. Lord, help me to let go and just trust on you. May I just do my best, while having full faith that as I go along, you will continue to provide for what I need. In a special way I pray for all those celebrating their birthdays today especially my Aunt Baby. Bless, guide and protect her always, and may you continue to provide for her and the ones she hold dear to her heart. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...