Monday, September 8, 2014

The Lowly Lifted High


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090814.cfm) reminds us that God lifts the lowly.

Today, we celebrate the nativity of Mama Mary. We see how God looks not on the worldly standards and accomplishments, but rather on the heart. He chose a simple woman from a simple town to be the earthly mother of Jesus. God did not choose a queen or someone from a powerful family. God chose someone with a pure heart, with a heart that would surrender to Him, and God lifted her up.

We are encouraged to know what is important in the eyes of God. Not human achievements, not power or fame, not money or wealth, not physical beauty, not strength. God looks for a clean, humble heart that would surrender to him. That is all he needs to use us mightily, that is all he needs to fulfil his purpose in and through us. Let us work on that.

What are my goals in life? Do I strive for human achievement, fame, power and money? Do I also recognize and work on things for God? Do I believe that he can and will use me mightily if I let him? Do I know that he only needs a clean and humble heart that will submit to him?

Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for sending Mama Mary to be our model of a servant, of a mother. Thank you for reminding me that you don’t need and wont look at my worldly achievements. Thank you for letting me know that all you need is a humble heart that will submit to you. May I always be inspired by Mama Mary’s simple yet great faith as seen in her life May I always say “yes” to you, and may I always submit myself to you as Mama Mary did, having faith that you would take care of me and would d great things through me. Amen.

Have a blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...