Saturday, September 20, 2014

Of Seeds and Blooming


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092014.cfm) reminds me that God continues to plant seeds in our hearts, it is just dependent on us if we will nourish it or not.

In the gospel, Jesus explains to his disciples the meaning of the parable. And that explanation is true to us as well. What Jesus meant more than 2000 years ago is still true today. God sows seeds, a lot of them in our hearts. That’s what he does. As he does so, he has great plans for those seeds. He wants those seeds to bloom. Al those seeds have the capacity to bloom. Walang fake seeds na isinama si God. But what he cannot control is how we will take care of those seeds. Even if those seeds have the ability  to bloom, it is up to us, the soil, if we will allow it or not.

God planted seeds of greatness in our hearts. All those seeds are capable of blooming, of becoming great. It just depends on us how we will treat those seeds.

If we constantly reject God, his word and his plans, then we hinder his great plans to bloom in our lives. If we constantly say no to his call to serve, in big and small ways, then we reject the blessings he wants to give us. But if we cooperate and take care of what he is giving us, if we say yes to his call and his plans all the time, then we will surely see his great plans come into fruition in our lives.

Our beloved Pope Francis sums it: “Every time we give in to selfishness and say “No” to God, we spoil his loving plan for us.”

May we be willing soils and take care of God’s planted seeds in us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for another chance to love and serve you. Thank you for the seeds of greatness and the seeds of faith you continuously give me. Lord, I pray that I always be willing to cooperate with you. may I always say yes to you, even if I don’t feel like it, even if I’d rather say no. as I do so, I know you will do great things to me and through me, all for your greater glory. Amen.

Blessed Weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...