Sunday, September 21, 2014

God's Ways


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092114.cfm) reminds me that God's ways are very different from ours.

The first reading clearly says that God's ways are different from ours.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD.
As high as the heavens are above the earth,
so high are my ways above your ways
and my thoughts above your thoughts.

There may be time, a lot of them, that our plans does not seem to coincide God's plans for us. What we want to happen is different from what God wants to happen. On our perspective, of course our plans are better than God's, but we just have to trust in God that his plans and his ways are way better than ours.

In the gospel, we see an example of this. God's ways are definitely like ours. His is way better. He is more generous and loving. Probably, others would think that it is unfair to those who worked longer. but God does not think so. He is very generous and we should be thankful, not envious. We will only feel envious if we focus too much on ourselves, if we give ourselves too much credit, and if we want ourselves to be rewarded more than what we actually deserve.

God's ways are always better than ours. May this keep us in the right perspective, especially when his plans and ours do not coincide.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another Sunday. Thank you for another chance to rest and spend quality time with you. Help me make the most out of today. May I spend quality time with you, not just in mass, but may I take time to pray, read the bible, and just bask in your presence. As I do so, I know that I will be more submissive and receptive of your ways and your plans. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...