Monday, September 1, 2014

Wounded Worker

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090114.cfm) reminds me that we need not be in a perfect situation to be able to work for God.

A few weeks ago, one of the most loved comedians, Robin Williams, passed away. It was said that he battled with depression. People did not know it, since he was a funny person, making people laugh and inspiring them, all the while battling depression and sadness in his life. Despite his problems and loneliness, he was still able to inspire and make people laugh.

This is what God wants us to do. To just work for him despite of whatever challenges we have in life.

In the first reading, we see that Paul, considered as the greatest evangelist, was not full of pride and confidence in himself. He had it on God. We see that he was not confident by himself as he was doing God’s work, but he was relying on God throughout. That’s what makes his work powerful.

I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling,
and my message and my proclamation
were not with persuasive words of wisdom,
but with a demonstration of spirit and power,
so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom
but on the power of God.

Full dependence on God makes our actions more powerful. We need not be in the best situation, there are definitely going to be challenges as we serve God. But we are reminded to be a wounded worker. Never mind all the pain. Endure the hardships. Give to God while facing financial problems. Serve Him while battling health concerns. Do his work while dealing with domestic concerns. God does not need you to be perfect and well. He just needs a heart dependent on Him, and a body willing to serve Him.

As we start another week, may we be ready and willing to be wounded workers for God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Thank you for the –ber months. Time flies so fast. Lord, I pray that I may be ready and willing to work for you. you know I have a lot of problems. I have a lot of concerns. I have a lot of insecurities. My life is not perfect. But if you say so, if you tell me I can still serve you, I will Lord. Equip me. Use me mightily. May my simple actions glorify you. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...