Thursday, September 11, 2014

Just Give


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091114.cfm) reminds me that God cannot be out given.


They say that the more you give, the more you will have. Does not make sense, right? The more you give, the less there will be for you - at least in the worldly sense. But today's gospel tell us otherwise.

Give and gifts will be given to you;
a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing,
will be poured into your lap

There are some things better expressed and more heartfelt when said in the native language. And this is one of them. The Filipino translation of the verse says:

Magbigay kayo at kayo'y bibigyan ng Diyos;
hustong takal, siksik, liglig, at umaapaw pa
ang ibibigay sa inyo.

The more you give, the more you will receive. Some people say that if you need money, give God money for he will surely reward you. God will give you back more than what you give him.

Why? Because of this truth. God cannot be outgiven. This is just how he is. He will not let you give him more than he gives you. Whatever we give him will surely be returned back to us.  And the more we give, the more he can give us back, because God can only fill us up when we are empty.

What am I giving to God? How do i give - do i give the best, the first fruits, or just my surplus? Looking back in my life, what situations have I given to God - my time, talent and treasure? In what ways has he rewarded me?


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord I thank you for being generous. Indeed you cannot be outgiven. I pray that you give me a heart that will always be ready and willing to give you my best, not because I want something in return, but because I am just full of your love and blessings, and the natural reaction is to share you to others. Amen.


Blessed day!


In Christ,
-g-

Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...