Saturday, April 14, 2012

Am I obeying Him?


The readings today remind me to be conscious and ask myself if I am following what Jesus tells me.

In the gospel, Jesus rebuked his unbelieving disciples. Pinagalitan niya sila. Then he gave them his order – “Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature.” The first reading shows us that Peter and John obeyed, that they preached boldly the Gospel.

Christ is asking me. Eh ikaw?  Do you listen to what I tell you? Do you obey?

Sometimes it is hard to follow Christ. Sometimes it is easier to look the other way. Sometimes it is more fun to do the opposite. Sometimes we are so hard headed and insist on doing what we want. Today, Jesus is reminding us that we should listen and obey to Him whatever it takes – just like Peter and John obeyed him and preached boldly, standing up to their faith even when faced with the high priests, as a result, people were praising and giving glory to God.

May we find it in our hearts to pray for a heart that seeks to listen to God, and is courageous enough to stand up for Him, to do what he tells us.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...