Monday, April 30, 2012

Surrender to the Good Shepherd


The gospel today reminds us that God is our good shepherd, and that we should surrender our lives to him.

The first reading says that we can only be saved through Christ, and the second reading says that because of God’s love, we can be called children of God. Jesus loves us that he died on the cross for us. He loves us so much that he endured being separated from the father when he bore our sins. We are then asked to trust in Him and surrender to him, just like a sheep obedient to his shepherd.


Have I surrendered my life to God, my Father and my good shepherd? What prevents me from fully trusting and surrendering to Him?

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...