Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Jesus calls you


The gospel today shows us Mary Magdalene not immediately recognizing Jesus, until Jesus called her by name. “Mary!” Immediately, she recognized him.

Sometimes we are like Mary, not immediately recognizing Jesus in front of us. Sometimes we are blind to Him and what he wants us to do, or how he wants us to act. Sometimes, we deliberately ignore him because we do not want to do what he wills. However, may we be sensitive enough like Mary, to recognize Him when he calls us by name. However, this can only happen if we have a personal relationship with Jesus. IF we do not know him personally, we really cannot hear him or recognize him, we will not look even if he calls us by name.

Jesus told Mary to go to the disciples and tell what she saw. This was her task. Today, we Jesus calls us, he too has a specific task for us. It may be as simple as telling our friends about Him, or as huge as Peter in the first reading who converted three thousand. Does not matter how big or small we think it is. We should not compare. God wants us to do something specific, and we should just do it, having faith that whatever it is, it will help build the kingdom of God here on earth, that whatever it is, it is part of God’s perfect plan.

Do I have a personal relationship with Jesus? Do I seek to strengthen it by prayer and knowing Him more? Am I sensitive when he calls me? Do I do in faith what he asks of me, or do I question him as he gives me the task? What does God want me to do for him today?

May we seek to build and strengthen our personal relationship with Jesus, and may we be obedient enough to do whatever he asks us to.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...