Sunday, April 15, 2012

Peace be with you!


This Sunday, Jesus is telling us the same thing. Peace be with you.

In the gospel, when Jesus appeared, he did not scold the disciples for leaving him, he did not tell it to Peter’s face that he denied Christ three times, he did not get mad for the disciples being afraid. Rather, he washed away all that. He gave them his peace. He assured them of his peace. It took away all the concerns of the apostles when Christ gave them his peace.

Jesus is telling me the same thing. Peace be with you. It is okay if you acted in a way not pleasing to me. It is okay if you fell into sin. It is okay if you denied me before by your words, thoughts and actions. I forgive you. I love you. My love is greater than your sin. As he tells me that, he also asks me to live a life pleasing to Him, to get back on my feet and walk towards him, to forget the mistakes I made and just focus on serving him, on loving him.

May we all feel God’s peace, and may we come to forgive ourselves as well. Let us pray that as we receive Christ’s peace, our faith in him may also increase.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...