Monday, April 2, 2012

Be not afraid

The readings today contain a lot of reminders for us not to be afraid of anything if God is on our side.


There are a lot of concerns as we serve God, as we live our lives. However, we should always be reminded that God has already won the battle – he won over sin and death, so we need not be afraid of anything. We should just have faith that God will help us and guide us as we live our lives in service of Him. The psalmist echoes this prayer of faith and confidence in God

The Lord is my light and my help.
The Lord is my light and my help;
  whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
  before whom shall I shrink?

There is nothing God cannot do. The gospel says that he even raised Lazarus from the death! Even death is not powerful enough for God. These things remind us not to be afraid of anything and just put our focus on God and his power as we serve him, as we live our lives in service of Him.

Am I afraid of anything? Do I attribute to the enemy things that are happening to me? Do I focus too much on the enemy and what he can do, rather than focusing on God, his love and his power? How can I keep my focus in God? How can I strengthen my faith in God?

May we always be reminded not to be afraid of anything because God is on our side.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...