Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday – New life in Christ!


Happy Easter! Christ is Risen!

Christ has triumphed over sin and death! Easter is the most joyous and triumphant event in the church. Christ was born on Christmas, but Easter marks the completion of God’s plan – the triumph of Christ over sin and death! What a joyous and inspiring event!

The readings today are full of joy and inspire us as we live our lives. Yes, they talk of Christ rising from the dead and triumphing over the enemy, however, we are also asked to act. We are encouraged to leave our old sinful selves and put on the new self, the one Christ died for.

Loving God and sacrificing for Him does not end this Easter Sunday. Yes, we are not required to fast until the next Ash Wednesday, but we are still encouraged to continue what we did – to continue doing love offerings and sacrifices for God, to continue fasting and abstinence so we can practice denying ourselves of worldly needs and give space to and allow God to fill our lives. IF we feel we have not given him enough, we don’t need to wait until next Lent to give our love offerings and spend more time in prayer and reflection. We are invited to start today.

What did I do this Lent, this holy week?  Am I excited that lent is over and I can go back to my normal life, or am I willing to continue doing special things for God, to get closer to God? If I was unable to do so this lent, am I willing to start doing something for God, to get closer to him and show my love for him? Am I ready to shed my old live, my old self, and live a new life in Christ starting this Easter?

May we remember how joyous and inspiring this day is, Christ winning over the enemy, over sin and death. Let us continue doing love offerings and sacrifices for God as we live new lives in Christ!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...