Monday, April 30, 2012

He Came to give life


The readings today remind us why Jesus came into this world – to save us and give us life.

In the first reading, we see God saving the Gentiles as well. Even if the Jews were the chosen people, God also gave life-giving repentance to the Gentiles as well. Then in the gospel, we see Jesus saying that he came so that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Come to think of it, God do not need us. God did not need to send his only Son as a human being. Jesus did not need to die. However, his great, intense and pure love for us made him do so. He died so that we may live. He bore our sins so we could be at peace with the Father. That’s how much God loves us.

Do I feel unloved by the people around me? Do I let other people decide how I feel? IS God’s love not enough to make me realize that I am loved, that I am worth loving and dying for?

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...