Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It is not easy


The readings today encourage us, that when the going gets tough, when it’s not easy serving God, we need to continue to be focused on and faithful to him.

Serving God is not easy. Serving God does not mean our lives will be free from worries and troubles. Serving God does not mean we will be free from sufferings or challenges. However, these things should not prevent us from following God, from living our lives in service and worship of Him.

We are called to be faithful to God, despite the challenges in life.

Morning after morning
he opens my ear that I may hear;
And I have not rebelled,
have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who plucked my beard;
My face I did not shield
from buffets and spitting.

For your sake I bear insult,
and shame covers my face.
I have become an outcast to my brothers,
a stranger to my mother's sons,
because zeal for your house consumes me,
and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me

As we commemorate Christ’s love and power, as expressed in his death and resurrection, may we be reminded that as He was not spared from physical pain, we too will be subjected to such. However, like Jesus, we should remain faithful to God till the end… till we see His glory.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...