Monday, April 16, 2012

He came at night


The gospel today shows us a Pharisee, Nicodemus, coming to Jesus at night. Probably he did not want to be seen, especially by his fellow Pharisees, talking to Jesus. Probably he did not want to be associated with Jesus. Probably he was ashamed to be going to Jesus, or unsure of what Jesus is all about that’s why he came at night. Whatever is in his mind, Jesus honoured his coming to Him, and still entertained him and answered his concerns.

This made me ask myself – do I also come to Jesus at night?  Do I even come to Jesus? Am I ashamed of my faith? Am I unsure of what Jesus is about, that’s why I am not proud to be associated with him?

May we take time to examine what is in our hearts, and pray for faith like that of Peter and John in the first reading who was not ashamed to be associated with Jesus and defended their faith in Christ.

God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...