Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crab Mentality


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/030613.cfm) reminds me that we should not bring others down.
Jesus warning in the gospel is very strong and very clear
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments
and teaches others to do so
will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven
One of the bad habits of man is crab mentality. Like crabs in a basket, when one crab seems to be able to rise above the rest and nearing the escape from the basket, other crabs would pull him back to the group. This is not what God wants us to do – to bring others down, to pull others down.
Committing sin is one thing, and is bad as it is. However, leading others to sin is another thing is an entirely different thing.
May we be challenged to not only fight our battle against sin, but also to not bring others to sin.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for sending your sun to shine over us. Lord, I ask for strength to face life’s challenges. Help me be strong in the face of temptation. As I fight my battle against sin, help me also to not bring and lead others to sin. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

1 comment:

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...