Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Good Father



The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/030213.cfm) reminds me how good and great God is.

The first reading tells us that God removes guilt, pardons sin and shows compassion. The psalmist echoes this is saying that the Lord is kind and merciful. Early on, we are reminded how loving God is.

The gospel tells us the story of the prodigal son. We have always been asked what we relate to: the prodigal son and his actions, or the other son who feels envious to the attention given to the prodigal son. Today, I am reminded of the father. He is kind and merciful. First of all, he immediately gave his son the inheritance. Then after the son squandered the money, he welcomes him with joy and love. Then when the other son states his sentiments, he woos the son and reminds him how much he is loved as well. The father does not judge, is generous,  forgiving, and loving.

God is the father.

No matter what we do, no matter what our concerns us, he will always love us. He will always be ready to welcome us if we come to him with repentance and humility. He will always remind us of his love for us.

God loves us so much. May his love move us to love him and express it to others.

Father God,
Thank you for the weekend. Thank you for the opportunity to sleep longer. Lord, thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for never giving up on me, for always being ready to welcome me, to forgive me when I come to you in repentance. Lord, may I always allow you to love me, and may your love move me into loving you through others. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...